General Car Care Tips
Tips and Helpful hints to keep your car running smoothly and trouble-free.
The information that follows will help you to improve vehicle safety, longevity and fuel economy, while helping to protect the environment.
- Keep your tires inflated at the correct pressure. Under inflation causes tire wear and wastes fuel.
- Do not carry unneeded weight in your vehicle. Excess weight puts a heavier load on the engine, causing greater fuel consumption.
- Accelerate slowly and smoothly. Avoid jackrabbit starts. Get into a higher gear as quickly as possible.
- Avoid long engine idling. If you have to wait for a long period of time, it is better to turn off the engine and start again later.
- Avoid engine lag or over-revving. Use a gear position suitable for the type of road you're travelling.
- Avoid stop-and-go driving. Stop-and-go driving wastes fuel.
- Do not rest your foot on the clutch or brake pedal. This causes needless wear, overheating and poor fuel economy.
- Keep all wheels in proper alignment. Improper alignment not only causes faster tire wear but also puts an extra load on the engine.
- Keep your vehicle tuned up and in top shape.
- Getting more miles from a liter or gallon of fuel is actually easy. Just take it easy while driving. It will also make your vehicle last longer.
- Take to the shade rather than keep the air conditioner running.
- It is a good idea to do a safety check before starting out on a trip. A visit to your dealer can help ensure safe and pleasant driving.