Winter Driving Tips
Tips and Helpful hints to keep your car running smoothly and trouble-free.
- Have cooling system checked for condition and level of protection.
- Have tires checked for proper inflation and adequate tread depth.
- Check condition and operation of wiper blades and fill the washer reservoir.
- Check the heater and defroster for proper operation.
- Have the battery, alternator, and starter checked for condition and operation.
- Make sure the exhaust system is tight and free of any leaks.
- Keep your fuel tank filled to prevent moisture build-up.
- Check the engine oil for proper level and to see if it is in need of a change.
- Check to see that your engine starts easily and runs smoothly.
- Make sure you carry your mobile phone if you have one so that you don't need to walk to the nearest phone box in the dark.
- Keep a scraper or de-icier close at hand for those icy mornings.
- Make sure you can see out of all windows before starting off.
- Make sure you have a blanket to keep warm and a pair of boots in the car in case you need to walk anywhere if you break down.
- Keep a flashlight in the car.
- Check your oil and water regularly.
- Carry a first-aid kit for emergencies.
- Plan your route.
- Check the weather reports to make sure you pack the correct clothing for your journey.